The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) calls on the Filipino people to brace for Aquino’s deluge of lies that will surely be unleashed on Monday when he delivers his “state of the nation address” (SONA) during the opening of the first regular session of the 16th Philippine reactionary congress.
Anticipate the following to be among the lies that will be propagated by Aquino:
1. the lie of “rapid economic growth” versus the reality of the intensified crisis and the sharp decline of the people’s standard and quality of living as a result the Aquino regime’s insistence to pursue the neoliberal policies of liberalization, deregulation, privatization and denationalization
2. the lie of “economic progress through public-private partnership programs” versus the reality of rising costs of health, education, public utilities, housing, transportation and communication services as a result of tightened private control of vital aspects of the economy
3. the lie of “job-skills mismatch” and “widespread job opportunities” versus the reality of grave scarcity of jobs and continued efforts of the Aquino government to export Philippine labor, the absence of quality jobs due to the unindustrialized state of the economy and the prevalence of flexible labor practices which further pull down the value of labor and subject workers to worse forms of exploitation
4. the lie that “only remnants of old corruption remain” versus the reality of big-time corruption by Aquino’s sisters, relatives and cronies in the form of taking kickbacks and bribes for public-private infrastructure contracts
5. the lie that “peace in Mindanao is around the corner” versus the reality of continued armed offensives of the AFP and campaigns of suppression against the Moro people, widespread violations of human rights against the Moro peasants and people and constant efforts to dupe the MILF into surrendering the cause of Moro self-determination
6. the lie of the “success of 25 years of CARP/er” versus the reality of continued efforts to hinder and prevent the free distribution of land in Hacienda Luisita and other vast estates and the widespread cancellation of CLOAs, CLTs and EPs
7. the lie of “military and police respect for human rights” versus the reality of widespread abuses and growing cases of extrajudicial killings, torture, illegal arrests, militarization of communities, violation of the rights of children, women and elders
8. the lie of “rural peace and development” through the “conditional cash transfer program” versus the widespread reality of landlessness, land grabbing, encroachment of foreign mining companies, plantations and other agribusinesses in the countryside to plunder natural resources and engage in other environmentally destructive activities
9. the lie of “defending sovereignty against China” versus the reality of allowing the US military to entrench itself in the Philippines through the Visiting Forces Agreement and access arrangements in full contempt and violation of Philippine sovereignty
10. the lie of the “success of Oplan Bayanihan” versus the reality that the armed revolution continues to grow rapidly with the number of NPA Red fighters set to reach the 10,000 level in the next few years
The Filipino people must repudiate the lies of the Aquino regime and expose the continuing crisis of the semicolonial and semifeudal system dominated by the US imperialists and the local ruling classes of big bourgeois compradors and big landlords.
They must advance the cause of national democracy and socialism to put an end to the oppressive and exploitative system and establish a people’s democratic government under proletarian class leadership in order to carry out land reform, national industrialization and socialist transformation and modernization.