The National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) states the following regarding the January 27, 2013 incident at Barangay Puso, La Castellana, Negros Occidental:
- The police and paramilitary (Barangay Tanod and Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team – BPAT) are culpable for commandeering the driver and truck and making the civilians their hostages. The Government of the Philippines (GPH) civil and military officials are lying for claiming that even the paramilitaries are civilian.
- The objective of the New People’s Army (NPA) unit concerned was to make a checkpoint. It fired a warning shot because the truck did not stop. Then, the police and paramilitary personnel fired at the NPA unit in heavy volume. Thus, the NPA fired back.
- The NPA was able to capture highpowered rifles among other firearms, proving that the principal passengers and the vehicle were a legitimate target of the NPA. The GPH authorities are blatantly lying when in effect they claim that the rifles of the GPH side were holstered and could not have been fired. Among the firearms taken by the NPA unit were two M-16 rifles and a submachine gun, serial numbers of which are 181540, 183397 and 45N3.
- No passenger was deliberately shot in the head after being wounded or killed. This is a blatant lie of the GPH civil and military officials for psywar effect.
- GPH and its military and police officials are the ones culpable for war crimes for issuing highpowered rifles and other firearms to paramilitaries, and allowing the police and paramilitaries to commandeer and hostage civilians. The GPH should admit its crimes, apologize, and compensate the civilians.
- The NDFP commends the NPA for offering humanitarian assistance to the victims and their families, despite the culpability of the GPH for the incident and for issuing firearms to the paramilitaries and allowing the military and police to commandeer and hostage civilians.
- GPH President Aquino and the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) are destroying the peace negotiations for making false charges of war crimes and for acting like robots of the fascist elements in the military and police.
We welcome your inquiries, comments and suggestions. Contact the NDFP International Information Office at:
3513 AG Utrecht
telephone: +31 30 2310431
email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org